Eye problems are not only common in children, but also experienced by several adults due to poor eye care habits. If you are also suffering from any type of eye problem, then you must visit the doctor as soon as possible. He will tell you what to do to get rid of eye problems easily.
What is Myopia?
Myopia is explained as a vision issue, especially experienced in kids. This is additionally known as nearsightedness. In this condition a person is unable to see distant objects clearly, everything becomes blurry as well as out of focus. If you leave this untreated, it leads you to serious vision conditions. Almost 45 % percent of people are suffering from this condition, in which almost 35% of children and the rest are adults less than 40 years.
Myopia Symptoms in Kids
As we stated above, most children experience myopia, and this can be treated easily but if start taking the treatment in an early stage. Some signs of this condition in kids include-:
- Experiencing eye strain or headaches
- Facing difficulty to see distant objects, like the board in the classroom
- Holding books close when reading
- Rubbing of eyes
- Sitting too close to the TV
Causes of myopia in children
- According to some studies, it is caused due to genetics or hereditary factors, but this cause is not the same in everyone.
- Some studies reveal that this is experienced by those, who hold the book too near to their eyes while reading, or watching TV from too near.
- And if your children spend too much time in front of the computer, then they will surely get affected by myopia.
- Another study reveals that if parents wear glasses due to myopia condition, then their children will surely experience this condition in life.
- Some doctors reveal that some children experience myopia due to environmental factors and childhood illnesses.
Treatment and Prevention
You can simply treat this condition with good eye care habits. You must consult the doctor to know the prevention tips. He may suggest you below-mentioned eye-care tips-:
- Must tell you, child, how outdoor activities are important.
- Make sure, they are holding books at least 30 cm away from eyes and watching TV from a distance.
- It is necessary to place computer screens almost 50cm away from eyes so that you can save your eyes from strain and pressure.
- If you are working for long hours at a computer, then it must take almost 30 minutes break to relax your eyes.