Eye problems are common these days, due to environmental issues. If you are suffering from any eye problem, then you must visit the best specialist, so that you can get the appropriate treatment on time. Or if you are suffering from any serious eye problem, then you must read the given topic.
What is an eye stroke?
Well, strokes do not only occur in the human brain but also occur in the eyes too. The strokes which happened in eyes additionally known as retinal artery occlusion. These usually occur when the vessels or nerves get blocked or narrow due to certain issues. The nerve blockage is caused due to blood clots, these are formed when blood supply cuts off. This condition leads to serious damage or condition, which is also known as a stroke.
This blockage also affects the retina, which is the main part of the eyes. This has the responsibility to send signals to your brain so that you can understand what eyes want to see or see. In this condition, you book an appointment at our eye hospital, so that you can discuss your problem with an eye doctor to get the treatment.
Symptoms of Eye strokes
Well, the signs of eye stroke do not look too early, these develop slowly. The symptoms include:
- Floaters-: These means you may experience small gray spots floating in the field of vision. These happen due to blood clots or blockage of nerves as well as leakage of fluids in the middle of the eye.
- Pain or pressure-: You may feel too much pain in the eyes.
- Blurry vision is another sign of eye strokes.
- Complete vision loss suddenly.
Do not ignore these signs, you will surely experience too serious condition and serious damage in eyes too.
Causes of eye stroke
As we stated above, you may experience this problem due to the formation of blood clots in the vessels of the eyes. You may also suffer from this problem due to fluctuation in blood flow, which is responsible for damage to the retina.
There are certain medical conditions, which lead you to eye strokes or other serious eye problems. These are-:
- Smoking increases the risk of all types of stroke.
- narrowing of the carotid artery or neck artery
- other cardiovascular diseases
- problems that affect blood flow, such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- rare blood disorders
Treatment for eye strokes
- First of all, you have to get a proper check-up from the doctor.
- He may perform Optical coherence tomography (OCT) to check the swelling of the retina.
- laser treatment
- massaging the eye area to open up the retina
- pan-retinal photocoagulation therapy
- clot-busting drugs